The Association of Canadian University Presses – L’association des presses universitaires canadiennes is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to support the association in its work as the collective voice of French- and English-language scholarly publishing in Canada.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the book publishing industry in Canada and/or the work of industry associations and will possess strong written communication skills. Their administrative experience will allow them to anticipate the needs of the association and its members, respond in a timely manner to inquiries, and maintain accurate financial and operational records. The successful candidate will work remotely from a home office and will be a Canadian citizen. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 17 May 2021
Hours (average/month): 15 (Approximately three times a year the association holds meetings that would require the incumbent to attend as minute-taker. These hours would be over and above the expected 15 hours per month.)
- Receive postal mail, email and calls on behalf of the association, as well as manage list of contacts.
- Respond to inquiries from members of the association and the public.
- Distribute information to the association’s listserv members and the association’s executive from the membership, other associations, and funding agencies.
- Maintain the association’s financial and operational records.
- Conduct banking and bookkeeping activities.
- Produce financial statements approximately three times a year.
- Organize in-person and virtual meetings: select dates, arrange meeting rooms, draft agenda, invite guests, attend meetings, and record minutes.
- Invoice membership fees, track payments, and follow-up where necessary (and other fees as required).
- Coordinate website updates to acup-apuc.ca and other directory listings.
- One year of work as an administrative assistant or comparable work experience is required.
- Strong written communication skills in English is required.
- A proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Experience in scholarly communications or the publishing industry would be an asset.
- Experience in a post-secondary environment would be asset.
- Experience in the non-profit sector would be an asset.